CHABLIS GRAND CRU BLANCHOT
The name "Blanchot" comes from the Germanic word "blank" which means "light, pale". This Climat therefore takes its name from the stony nature of the soil, composed of white limestone and a pale coloured clay-limestone subsoil.
On the nose, complex aroma of citrus with chalky minerality. Grape ripeness was achieved, without any excess of weight or overripe aroma. Finish on the palate is always long, pungent and mineral.
15 years ageing potential, keeping vivacity and vitality thanks to its minerality.
To be served at 10 – 12°C
Enjoy it with grilled fish or fish in sauce, grilled white meats or white meats in cream-based sauces.
Grape variety :
Location and exposure :
Age of Vines :
Density of plantation :
Village de CHABLIS, Exposition sud est
5 800 vines by Hectare
- Direct pressing, cold settling and yeast
- Temperature controlled fermentation temperature (16-18 ° C in stainless steel tanks).
- Maturing on fine lees from November to mid April
- Collage and filtration before bottling
- The wine matures in 100% stainless steel tanks to preserve freshness and fruitiness of the wine.
DECANTER 2020: Chablis Grand cru Blanchot 2019 - 93 points
Wine Enthusiast Octobre 2020: Chablis Grand cru Blanchot 2018 - 95 points
Guide Bettane et Dessauve 2019 : Chablis Grand cru Blanchot 2016 15/20
Guide Bettane et Dessauve 2020 : Chablis Grand cru Blanchot 2017 16/20