Chablis Grand Cru Bougros
Written evidence of Bougros goes back to the 15th century, then spelled “boguereau”, “bouguerot” or “bouquerau”.
It may come from the Latin word bucca, which gave the Old French word “bouque” (narrowing). This may refer to the nearby river Serein, which narrows at the foot of the hill, and often flooded there in the past.
Grape variety : 100% Chardonnay
Location and exposure :Village of Chablis, South east exposure
Soil : Kimmeridgian, clay-limestone
Age of Vines : 25 ans
Density of plantation : 5 800 vines by Hectare
Pruning : Guyot double
Yields : 45 hl/ha
Culture : Sustainable
- Written evidence of Bougros goes back to the 15th century, then spelled “boguereau”, “bouguerot” or “bouquerau”. It may come from the Latin word bucca, which gave the Old French word “bouque” (narrowing). This may refer to the nearby river Serein, which narrows at the foot of the hill, and often flooded there in the past.
- A brilliant yellow colour. Elegant, assertive nose of white flowers and citrus fruit. On the palate, a structured wine, well balanced between minerality and acidity, with almond flavours. A fine and well balanced wine.
- Can be aged for 10 to 15 years. The minerality and aromas of this wine will develop over the years while retain liveliness and vitality.
- To be served at 10-12°C
- Enjoy it with grilled fish or fish in sauce, grilled white meats or white meats in cream-based sauces.
– Direct pressing, cold settling and yeast
– Temperature controlled fermentation temperature (16-18 ° C in stainless steel tanks)
– Maturing on fine lees from November to mid April
– Collage and filtration before bottling
– The wine matures in 100% stainless steel tanks to preserve freshness and fruitiness of the wine.
The Grand Cru Bougros is located at the north-western tip of the Grands Crus, on a marked slope facing south-east, the Kimmeridgian limestone soil which has made the reputation of Chablis wines.
West of the hill of Grands Crus, the 15 hectares of Bougros are sheltered from the winds: they extend over a large flat facing South / East on the top and, lower down, on a sloping embankment. more marked oriented to the South. This situation on the hillside is particularly mild and the hours of sunshine are intense. If the Bougros soils are naturally well drained, the particular configuration of this Climate is also revealed from a geological point of view: on the coast, the soils remain quite poor, on the other hand on the flat, in the upper part, they are more deep, more clayey and more marly.
Wine Enthusiast: Chablis Grand cru Bougros 2020 – 93/100
Burghound Allen Meadows novembre 2021 : Chablis Grand Cru Bougros – 91-93 points
Wine Enthusiast Octobre 2020: Chablis Grand cru Bougros 2018 – 95/100